1. Mains Question- Aug 24, 2018
“Climate change policies will play a prominent part in deciding the trajectory of growth in India”. Elaborate
- Identify the theme of the question: Climate change policies and its impact on growth
- ‘Elaborate’: It requires adding related details to make it full of meaning. You are required to give its background, basis and then related to detail.
- Introduction: It should be clear, precise and should not take up more words. One can start with the recent floods in parts of Kerala and Karnataka and related economic burden on the state. Or else one can quote various studies that point out challenge of climate change and its impact on Indian economy. Example: World Bank says that climate change could cost India 2.8% of GDP
- Body of your answer should concentrate on the impact of climate change on various sectors in Indian economy such as: Agriculture, Manufacturing industries and Services sectors. For example: recent droughts, urban floods, Coal generated energy, and also impact of climate change on social sectors such as Health etc
- Conclusion should be precise and should be within the statement given in the question