13. Mains Question- Sep 7, 2018
“In what aspects can India improve its mobility to make sure it is both sustainable and environmentally friendly”?
- Theme of the question: future of mobility and implications for India, placing them within the context of the evolving global mobility paradigm and India’s socio-economic realities.
- Areas of interest: electrification, alternative fuels, reinventing public transport, goods transport and logistics through data analytics, logistics park, behavioral change, intelligent transport system, taxation for higher polluting vehicles, electric battery technology etc
- Governmental programmes such as ‘FAME India’, Smart cities etc
- Key issues that need to be addressed include: Perspectives from the Automobile Sector, Policy Options & Challenges, and Perspectives from the Refining Sector and Transition to Low Carbon Growth.